What Do The Holidays And Identity Theft Have To Do With One Another?
Unfortunately, the holidays and identity theft have too much in common. During the holidays, the use of our credit and debit cards is much more frequent. We swipe, chip and pay with them online for many more items than any other time of the year. With that, the possibility of ID theft is at a higher risk.
A few tips to protect yourself during the holidays:
- Be careful entering your credit card information when shopping online.
- Create complex passwords when opening or updating accounts.
- Do not open emails and attachments from people or any business you don’t know.
- Shred your documents instead of throwing pages in the trash.
- Monitor your bank and credit card accounts frequently for suspicious activity.
How do I protect myself from identity theft during the holidays?
For this and many other reasons, finding a way to help protect yourself from future attacks is important. Hiring a leader in ID theft protection, LifeLock, is a great way to do just that.